Wednesday, January 7, 2009

S T O R I E S



For part of November and early December, I ventured off into a whimsical story land.  
Maybe it's from those many hours of plunking down on the sofa or the edge of my children's beds and reading beautifully... thoughtfully... whimsically illustrated Christmas books aloud to them that gives me great joy in telling a story with my own pencil and paint.
I was kindly asked to create a holiday greeting for my daughter's school, Burke Mountain Academy of East Burke, Vermont.  The result was the painting above (named late one evening before bed) "'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE A SKI RACE...".  The other was a request from a friend living in an old farmhouse which they've brought to life with 4 children, a dog, a lot of work, play and love.  It was a surprise gift for her husband and painting it for her was incredibly rewarding and exciting--"PINE VALLEY FARM".  
They are both departures from my normal painting days and yet feed that love of creating in an equal, but different way.  
I hope you enjoy.  

No comments: